DSpace logo
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://repositorio.ucsg.edu.ec/handle/3317/10521
Title: Neumonía intrahospitalaria : microbiota y resistencia antimicrobiana en el Hospital Docente de la Policia Nacional de Guayaquil No. 2, durante período 2015 - 2017.
Authors: Andrade Fabara, Clemente Javier
Guerrero Moncayo, José Daniel
metadata.dc.contributor.advisor: Elías Ordoñez, Christian Enrique
Keywords: NEUMONÍA;INTRAHOSPITALARIA;VENTILACIÓN MECÁNICA;RESISTENCIA ANTIMICROBIANA
Issue Date: 2-May-2018
Publisher: Universidad Católica de Santiago de Guayaquil
Abstract: Objective:To describe the microbiota and antimicrobial resistance of patients with in-hospital pneumonia during the period 2015-2017. Methods: Observational, retrospective and descriptive study of antimicrobial resistance profiles of cultures and antibiograms obtained from141 cases of hospital-acquired pneumonia and ventilation-associated pneumonia. Results:The frequency of isolated etiological agents was: K. pneumoniae (31%), S. aureus (26%), S. maltophilia (13%), P. aeruginosa (12%), E. coli (6%), Enterobacter spp. (6%) and A. baumanii (6%). The general resistance observed was: penicillins resistant to ß-lactamases (92%), aminopenicillins (82%), ureidopenicillins (28%), second generation cephalosporins (85%), third generation cephalosporins (63%), carbapenems (33%),quinolones (46%), aminoglycosides (43%), colistin (0%). The frequencyof antibiotics used as empirical treatment yielded: carbapenems (17%), macrolides (16%) which were used only in combinations, ampicillin/sulbactam (14%), amoxicillin/clavulanic acid (8.5%) piperacillin/tazobactam (8, 5%), third generation cephalosporins (16%), cefepime (7%), quinolones (7.8%), vancomycin (7%) and aminoglycosides (5.7%); antibiotics were used in combination in 30%. 84% of cases (n = 118) were evaluated; they did not meet the criteria in the remaining 16% of cases. 28% of isolated bacteria showed sensitivity to the antibiotics used as empirical treatment, while the remaining 72% was resistant. Discussion:Hospital-acquired pneumonia is important, with potentially lethal results. The most updated clinical guidelines recommend the generation of local antibiograms for the selective use of effective antibiotics. We recommend piperacillin/tazobactam for relatively low resistance, combination with meropenem or imipenem for P. aeruginosa and K. penumoniae, and include linezolid or vancomycin for MRSA.
Description: Objetivo: Describir la microbiota y la resistencia antimicrobiana de pacientes con neumonía intrahospitalaria durante el período 2015-2017. Métodos: Estudio observacional, retrospectivo y descriptivo de perfiles de resistencia antimicrobiana madiente cultivos y antibiogramas obtenidos de 141 casos de neumonía intrahospitalaria y neumonía asociada a ventilación mecánica. Resultados:La frecuencia de agentes etiológicos aislados fue:K. pneumoniae (31%), S. aureus (26%), S. maltophilia (13%), P. aeruginosa (12%), E. coli (6%), Enterobacter spp. (6%) y A. baumanii (6%). Las resistencias generales que se observaron fueron: penicilinas resistentes a ß-lactamasas (92%), aminopenicilinas (82%), ureidopenicilinas (28%), cefalosporinas de segunda generación (85%), cefalosporinas de tercera generación (63%), carbapenémicos (33%), quinolonas (46%), aminoglucósidos (43%), colistina (0%). La frecuencia de antibióticos usados como tratamiento empírico arrojó: carbapenémicos (17%), macrólidos (16%) pero solo en combinaciones, ampicilina/sulbactam (14%), amoxicilina/ácido clavulánico (8,5%) piperacilina/tazobactam (8,5%), cefalosporinas de tercera generación (16%), cefepime (7%), quinolonas (7,8%),vancomicina (7%) y aminoglucósidos (5,7%); los antibióticos fueron utilizados en combinación un 30%. El 84% de casos (n=118) fueron evaluados; no cumplían los criterios en el 16% de casos restante. El 28% de bacterias aisladas presentaron sensibilidad a los antibióticos utilizados como tratamiento empírico, mientras que el 72% restante fue resistente. Discusión:La neumonía intrahospitalaria es importante, con resultado potencialmente letal. Las guías clínicas más actualizadas recomiendan generación de antibiogramas locales para el uso selectivo de antibióticos efectivos. Recomendamos piperacilina/tazobactam por resistencia relativamente baja, combinación conmeropenem o imipenem para P. aeruginosa y K. penumoniae, e incluir linezolid o vancomicina para SAMR.
URI: http://repositorio.ucsg.edu.ec/handle/3317/10521
Appears in Collections:Trabajos de Titulación - Carrera de Medicina

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
T-UCSG-PRE-MED-694.pdf954.08 kBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.