DSpace logo
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://repositorio.ucsg.edu.ec/handle/3317/12626
Title: Efectividad de los ejercicios de bajo impacto en la prevención de las complicaciones asociadas a la inactividad física en niños y niñas con leucemia que asisten al hospital Solca de la ciudad de Guayaquil.
Authors: Agurto Silva, María Fernanda
Calle Aveiga, Steven Miguel
metadata.dc.contributor.advisor: Grijalva Grijalva, Isabel Odila
Keywords: EJERCICIOS DE BAJO IMPACTO;PACIENTES ONCOLÓGICOS;TRATAMIENTO ACTIVO;CONDICIÓN FÍSICA Y FATIGA
Issue Date: 20-Apr-2019
Publisher: Universidad Católica de Santiago de Guayaquil
Abstract: According to the World Health Organization (WHO), in the world of children; each year, approximately 300,000 children between 0 and 19 years of age are diagnosed with cancer. This research work aims to determine the effects of low impact exercises for the prevention of complications in physical activity in children with leukemia at the Hospital Solca. The study has an explanatory scope that details the benefits of the application of low impact exercises in cancer patients, the methodological design is of a Pre-experimental type with a mixed approach. Patients are evaluated with the Cpax test that measures the physical and aerobic condition of the patients, with a sample of 57 patients. The results are related to the application of the exercises: 81% of the patients with good physical condition, 19% regular and 0% a low physical condition. In terms of oxygen saturation and fatigue, the results were as follows: 98% of patients had a saturation of> 90 and the remaining 2% <90, Regarding fatigue 52% of patients did not report no fatigue, 18% mild fatigue and 23% moderate. The results of the test performed, chi-square, to compare the data of the evaluation before and after the evaluation of the Cpax Test. Since the P-value is less than <0.05 with a confidence level of 99.9%. Therefore, the value in the Cpax test is statistically significant. In conclusion, the activity of the low impact exercises was demonstrated by increasing the physical condition in the patients and fatigue levels.
Description: Según la Organización Mundial de la Salud (OMS) el cáncer infantil es una de las principales causas de mortalidad entre niños y adolescentes en todo el mundo; cada año se diagnostica cáncer a aproximadamente 300.000 niños de entre 0 y 19 años. Este trabajo de investigación tiene por objetivo Determinar los efectos de los ejercicios de bajo impacto para la prevención de las complicaciones asociadas a la actividad física en niños y niñas con Leucemia en el Hospital Solca. El estudio tiene un alcance de tipo explicativo donde se detalla los beneficios de la aplicación de los ejercicios de bajo impacto en pacientes oncológicos, el diseño metodológico es de tipo Preexperimental con enfoque mixto. Se evaluaron a los pacientes con el test Cpax que mide la condición física y aeróbica de los pacientes, con una muestra de 57 pacientes. Los resultados obtenidos posteriores a la aplicación de los ejercicios fueron: 81% de los pacientes presentaron una buena condición física, 19% regular y el 0% una baja condición física. En cuanto a la saturación de oxígeno y la fatiga los resultados fueron: El 98% de los pacientes presentaron una saturación de >90 y 2% restante <90, En cuanto a la fatiga el 52% de los pacientes no refirió nada de fatiga, el 18% una fatiga leve y el 23% moderada. Los resultados de la prueba ejecutada, chi cuadrado, para comparar los datos de la pre evaluación y post evaluación del Test Cpax. Puesto que el valor-P es menor que <0,05 con un nivel de confianza del 99,9%. Por lo tanto, el valor observado en el Test Cpax es estadísticamente significativo. En conclusión, se demostró la efectividad de los ejercicios de bajo impacto mediante el aumento de la condición física en los pacientes y los niveles de fatiga.
URI: http://repositorio.ucsg.edu.ec/handle/3317/12626
Appears in Collections:Trabajos de Titulación - Carrera de Terapia Física

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
T-UCSG-PRE-MED-TERA-181.pdf2,18 MBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.