DSpace logo
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://repositorio.ucsg.edu.ec/handle/3317/19842
Title: Frecuencia de periodontitis apical en pacientes atendidos en la Clínica de Posgrado de endodoncia de la UCSG.
Authors: Bohórquez Borbor, Valeria Lisbeth
metadata.dc.contributor.advisor: García Guerrero, Anna Paula
Keywords: PERIODONTITIS APICAL;NECROSIS PULPAR;TRATAMIENTO ENDODÓNTICO;ENFERMEDADES SISTÉMICAS
Issue Date: 15-Sep-2022
Publisher: Universidad Católica de Santiago de Guayaquil
Abstract: Apical Periodontitis is the result of dental caries that produces an infection in the root canals, and this results in the inflammation of the tissues that surround the root of the teeth, it is the product of Pulp Necrosis. Objective: To establish the frequency of apical periodontitis in patients treated endodontically at the UCSG postgraduate clinic in the period 2021-2022. Design: A retrospective, descriptive, observational, cross-sectional study was carried out in 100 patients who presented to the Postgraduate Endodontics Clinic during the period 2021-2022. Results:The results obtained in this study show that the prevalence of asymptomatic apical periodontitis in the cases of the Postgraduate Endodontics Clinic is 57%, while symptomatic apical periodontitis represents the other 43%. Conclusion: Asymptomatic apical periodontitis prevails in more than half of the clinical cases, the female gender is the most predominant in this study and the dental group of the anterior sector is the most affected.
Description: La Periodontitis apical es el resultado de la caries dental que produce una infección en los conductos radiculares, y ésta da como resultado la inflamación de los tejidos que rodean la raíz de los dientes, es producto de la Necrosis Pulpar. Objetivo: Establecer la frecuencia de periodontitis apical en pacientes tratados endodónticamente en la clínica de posgrado de la UCSG en el periodo 2021-2022. Diseño: Se realizó un estudio de tipo retrospectivo, descriptivo, observacional de corte transversal en 100 pacientes que se presentaron a la Clínica de Posgrado de Endodoncia durante el período 2021-2022. Resultados Los resultados obtenidos en este estudio reflejan que la prevalencia de periodontitis apical asintomática en los casos de la Clínica de Posgrado de Endodoncia es del 57% mientras que la periodontitis apical sintomática representa el otro 43%. Conclusión: La periodontitis apical asintomática prevalece en más de la mitad de los casos clínicos, el género femenino es el más predominante en este estudio y el grupo dentario del sector anterior es el más afectado.
URI: http://repositorio.ucsg.edu.ec/handle/3317/19842
Appears in Collections:Trabajos de Titulación - Carrera de Odontología

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
T-UCSG-PRE-MED-ODON-755.pdf447,08 kBAdobe PDFView/Open


This item is licensed under a Creative Commons License Creative Commons